Regal Constellation Hotel Toronto  » Hotels  »
Toronto
  • It comes pretty quick and they accommodate you if you have some special needs - which is good because a friend only eats vegetables and some milk products (I think it's vegan
  • I like the vanity table or whatever it is called - the desk with the big nice mirror and lamp because it is very medieval style but not quite
  • I wished they showed better channels on the tv too - I know that many of us who have satellite are used to seeing all the different channels and so on - and really, if you are staying one night nobody really wants to pay for those pay-per-view channels

• by shiro_manjuu

This is a international hotel that is situation in other areas like Etobicoke, Hong Kong, as well in other countries, however this is not as well known as big hotels such as Hilton. Like Doubletree and Renaissance, it hosts a lot of events. Some examples being conventions, conferences, car trade shows, and of course big fancy parties and banquets. I have attended the Hair Spray musical show here a long time ago and the place was pretty nice. I can�t describe it exactly but once you sit there, you just feel like it’s very comfortable and that you belong here. The lighting of course adds on to it. And guest what? If you are a guest there, you HAVE to go to their pool - it is absolutely wonderful and unlike any other pools in most hotels. It is a

tropical pool that is outdoors. A lot of hotels I have been to, their pools are always indoors, or I arrived too late at night to see if they have any outdoor ones. However this one looks really cool and not like a normal pool. It is decorated all fancily with all the trees (palm trees like) and all.

If you try the room service for food, I find the quality of food to be excellent. It comes pretty quick and they accommodate you if you have some special needs - which is good because a friend only eats vegetables and some milk products (I think it’s vegan?) so made something specially for her, which I don’t think they had to after all - the kitchen staff is probably really busy with their menus and schedules - they could have ...

• just made her order something vegetarian/vegan from the menu. However this is why I saw it as a nice accommodation and of good will too. My friend was pleased and said that this is service that no hotel provides to her - they all kind of just handed her another menu or something.

Finally - the rooms itself is pretty nice and grand. I like the vanity table or whatever it is called - the desk with the big nice mirror and lamp because it is very medieval style but not quite. The bathroom could have been bigger but it wasn’t that bad. I wished they showed better channels on the tv too - I know that many of us who have satellite are used to seeing all the different channels and so on - and really, if you are

staying one night nobody really wants to pay for those pay-per-view channels. With all the satellite technology nowadays, you would think they’ll just give them to you for free instead.

Also - one should really their restaurants because they’re pretty nice. The only one that actually stands out in my mind is the Chinese dimsum restaurant they have that’s located in the ground floor where you come in - you can see it as soon as you walk in. The dimsum is pretty good and not at all that expensive - well maybe just a little but still keep in mind you are at the hospitality in a hotel, it’s not going to be hot-dog on the streets. The service is good too - the people there are really friendly. All in all, a few drawbacks but basically a good hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2408201850231/k2311a084/8.4.07