GE Dishwasher GSM 1800 18 inch  » Electronics  »
  • I found one or two that were very expensive
  • There is an extra little third rack on the top of the second level rack that I love
  • I highly recommend this if you need a small built in dishwasher

• by Maggie Madison

I searched high and low for a 18″ dishwasher due to limited space in my kitchen. I found one or two that were very expensive.

But the man at Home Depot recommended the GE Dishwasher GSM 1800 18 inch. At around $650.00, it was still pricey, but he explained that they are made with smaller parts and not the regular size

parts that GE makes in bulk. Made sense.

I ended up buying the dishwasher in a stainless steel finish. It is such a great little dishwasher. It fits in my kitchen perfectly. And for being so small, it fits a lot of dishes. There is an extra little third rack on the top of the second level rack ...

• that I love. It’s prefect for coffee cups. I also like the interior, which is also stainless steel.

It has all the cycles the other dishwashers have. I usually just use the pots and pans cycle.

Installing it ourselves was a little tricky, as it had to be perfectly level in order for the door to close properly. We had

a few leaks through the door until we figured that out.

I also *tested* the dishwasher by loading in a few plates that had lots of tomato sauce on them. I did not pre-rinse. The GE Dishwasher GSM 1800 18 inch passed with flying colors on the pots and pans cycle.

I highly recommend this if you need a small built in dishwasher.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16408201470231/k2311a084/8.4.07