Sony PSP  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • It sounded really cool to me, thats why I bought one
  • Memory cards aren't as expensive as they used to be so thats nit much of a problem, but still, for the price I think it should come with more than 32MB
  • Browsing the internet on the PSP can be convenient if you don't feel like getting on your computer, or you can find an unsecured wifi signal on the go
  • It may for some people, but I would not recommend it for most people

• by Toby

The Sony PSP looks great on paper. It has the capability to play games with good graphics, play music, play videos, display pictures, play movie discs, and can even browse the web via wifi. It sounded really cool to me, thats why I bought one.

However, while the PSP does deliver in all these areas, its simply not very practical. Its too big to carry comfortably on ones pocket - I carried it around everywhere when I first got it,

but soon after I got tired of the bulk in my pocket.

The screen is very nice, and allows you to select how bright it is. However, in everyday life there has always seemed like there was too much glare to watch a movie or play a game.

Which leaves only music playing while on the go, but unless you pay for a larger memory card you can only fit a few songs on there. Memory cards aren’t as expensive ...

• as they used to be so thats nit much of a problem, but still, for the price I think it should come with more than 32MB.

The PSP is pretty comfortable to play games on but the games are kind of expensive, movies aren’t too expensive though. Both come on encased discs called “UMD’s.

” Browsing the internet on the PSP can be convenient if you don’t feel like getting on your computer, or you can find an unsecured wifi signal

on the go. You can use the joystick as a mouse or scroll to links with the arrow buttons.

Speed is average for a mobile device. The PSP is fun and has a lot of great features but ultimately it has never really seemed to fit into my everyday life comfortably.

It may for some people, but I would not recommend it for most people. I think if it was a little smalled it would be a lot more useful.

Sony PSP

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16208200631031/k2311a082/8.2.07