Sisters of the Gion
  • The whole narrative and style of the film is founded in realism and I believe it has been somewhat influential on later filmmakers
  • I am sure Sisters of the Gion has a great historical importance, and I do admit it gives a believable picture of the life of these people, but I don't think the major content has aged very well and therefore it doesn't go all the way for me

• by limonar
      Early film by Kenji Mizoguchi, even if it isn’t silent. Tells the story of geisha women in 17th century Japan. The whole narrative and style of the film

is founded in realism and I believe it has been somewhat influential on later filmmakers. However, the film is no more than one hour in length, and during ...

• that time it just doesn’t capture any of my feelings. I am sure Sisters of the Gion has a great historical importance, and I do admit it gives
        a believable picture of the life of these people, but I don’t think the major content has aged very well and therefore it doesn’t go all the way for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11281120050530/k2311a1128/11.28.05