Hamam soap
  • We normally don't change the brand of the soap, which we have been using since a long time and for us the Hamam soap is the best choice

• by baba

The hamam is a pure and gentle soap for a family to use. This is an ordinary soap, which has not much features or qualities, but it is very soft

and gentle soap, which serves best. This soap is an ideal soap even to use it for kids, as it does not contain strong chemicals and strong colors. This ...

• soap is the choice of all our family members. We normally don’t change the brand of the soap, which we have been using since a long time and for us
        the Hamam soap is the best choice. The cost of this soap also fits in our monthly budget and gives the best results. We all love the soap Hamam a lot.

Vene says :

Whether the spelling of hamam has been changed?????? i.e HARMAM to hamam.

Galega says :

No. Unilever is still marketing this product with the same name - HAMAM, at least in India.

tuliy says :

The name came from the arabic word hammam which mean bathroom or bathing.
    so the name Hamam is not arabic nor parsian, but it came from that back ground
    company still call it hamam

ruhi says :

our family like its fragrance ,and its natural qualities , but its color is not good ,it must b light green

Galega says :

Hamam soap is already available in the light green color. You should check the soap again.

Anu Goel says :

I hv used Hamam soap for a wk. I hv combination skin, a little dry mainly slightly oily on d T-zone, and my skin is prone to acne.
    The soap is good as such, its a nice family soap, affordable, with nice fragrance lathers really well.
    But in my case, it dried my skin slightly, which I didnt mind initially, but over d period of 1 wk I felt my skin loosing its natural moisture natural glow. So I had to discontinue its use.
    Since its Oct winters r approaching, I’ll give it another try in summers but I still feel anything which dries my skin now will also rob it of its moisture in summers leave it dull lifeless. So I will not be buying it again.
    It is not a good soap for people with dry to very dry skin.

mazi says :

Dear Anu Goel,
    After each use with soap face, you have to use a moisturizer on your face.
    Otherwise your face will be dry, as happened to you, and no matter what type face you have or what soap you used, you must put a face cream.
    I recommend the products of Clarins for a skin like yours.
    Hope i helped :)

tuliy says :

Tried it and it make my skin dry though my skin is normal, so imagine what it does to dry skin.
    Not recommend it for Dry nor normal skin
    but people with oily skin may benefit from it

tuliy says :

if the soup is good for the face it should nourish it, but since you will need moisturizer after using it, then its better to find a better soap that will not dry up your face

Anu says :

Thanx 4 ur suggestion. I do use a moisturiser every time on my face after washing, no matter what the weather is. Its the soap that makes my skin taut stretchy.

Galega says :

Try using Santoor Soap. That should solve your problem of skin getting stretchy and dry after every wash. My wife had same problem and she is fine now with Santoor. As mentioned above, a soap should not make you compelled to use a moisturizer every time you uses it.

raj says :

re : We normally don’t change the brand of the soap, which we have been using since a long time and for us the Hamam soap is the best choice
    Hamam soap recently has strong smell which causes nose irritation and resulting into running nose with sticky discharge. I get allergic reaction due to Hamam. I find Lifebouy Green as the better choice

Galega says :

Hamam Soap has not changed the ingredients recently. My personal experience says that there is no change of the smell. Allergic reaction can happen any time, and even with a product that a person is continuously using for long. That seems to have happened with you. Lifebuoy Soap is also manufactured and marketed by Unilever India, which is the owner of Hamam brand. These two soaps are of different ingredients and have different targeted customers.

Prasanna says :

Hi,

Hamam Soap is suitable for dry skin ?

tuliy says :

No, its not for dry skin
    I tried it because company say its natural but it made my skin dryer

Galega says :

There is no problem in using Hamam Soap, if your skin is dry. I would only suggest you to not rub the skin violently while applying this soap. Excessive rubbing may result your skin looking flaky. Otherwise, it is also recommended for users having dry skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31208199750931/k2311a082/8.2.07