Holiday Inn Express Abingdon Hotel  » Hotels  »
Abingdon, Virginia
  • In Abingdon, Virginia there is a particular hotel that I love to visit
  • From the outside, I noticed that the hotel looked kind of old and needed some form of renovation
  • As for the lobby, there was a nice sitting area and connected close by was a breakfast area that me and my aunt's family really enjoyed having
  • The breakfast was really delicious and there was a free Continental breakfast included in the package
  • It could be a pretty boring place but with some places of interests like the World Famous Barter Theathre and Abingdon Historical places, which was located downtown was quite worth the trip

• by missy

In Abingdon, Virginia there is a particular hotel that I love to visit. It is called Holiday Inn Express Abingdon. I went with my aunt and her family at that time during December 2002, if I could remember correctly. I would say that this hotel is set in a nice location and is a fine property. As for the surroundings, I discovered that it wasn’t that scenic. Holiday Inn Express Abingdon is especially useful for budget travelers on the run.

From the outside, I noticed that the hotel looked kind of old and needed some form of renovation. However, once inside, the place was beautifully lit and decorated. As for the lobby, there was a nice sitting area and connected close

by was a breakfast area that me and my aunt’s family really enjoyed having. The breakfast was really delicious and there was a free Continental breakfast included in the package.

My aunt wanted a luxury suite and we got one for a little discount, since she was a membership of some hotel travel package. The suite was very large and there were quite a few number of windows that enabled us to look outside. But the sight wasn’t truly scenic, as I have mentioned and the suite was nicely draped with beautifully-designed curtains. Other than that, there were around 2 TVs, some nice cabinet drawers and closets and the small kitchen area was particularly cute.

As for the bedroom, it was kind of ...

• typical but the nice touch was that there was a nice florescent lamp that made the room glow with beauty. Sleeping during night-time was fine and comfortable and there was a nice blanket on top of the pretty big bed. My aunt was so in love with the breakfast set that the next day, she ordered the same Continental breakfast. This time, there was no discount and offer so we had to purchase a set ourselves. Other than that, there were nice cereals provided, a very well-mixed fruit salads and some other delicacies like pastries, bagels and fresh fruits. In the suite was also a coffee-maker and we made coffee to our hearts’ content and found out that sleeping was hard then.

As for the

hotel’s facilities, there were a golf course, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool area, laundry and valet services, safe deposit boxes and many more. In short, there were quite a lot to do over in Holiday Inn Express Abingdon Hotel and to be in company with nice people added to the fun. I guess I was so looking forward to outdoor activities like horseback riding and stuff like that, but there weren’t. There was also a yard within the hotel, but the view was pretty much that. It could be a pretty boring place but with some places of interests like the World Famous Barter Theathre and Abingdon Historical places, which was located downtown was quite worth the trip. I give this hotel review a 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23107198371031/k2311a0731/7.31.07