The Interpreter  » Movies  »
  • While this movie has its weaknesses, I think that its strengths outweigh them by far
  • While I'm not a huge fan of Sean Penn, I will say that I thought he did a good job in this movie
  • If you're looking for a suspenseful, well acted film, I would definitely give this movie a try

• by jolly

I am reviewing the movie, The Interpreter, which was released in 2005. This movie stars Academy Award winners Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn. Kidman plays Silvia Broome, a translator at the UN.

Her life is immediately put in danger when she accidently overhears men talking about a planned assassination. Sean Penn plays FBI

agent, Tobin Keller, who is assigned to her case.

Penn’s character is at a loss as to whether Broome is a suspect or a victim in the case.

While this movie has its weaknesses, I think that its strengths outweigh them by far.

While I’m not a huge fan of Sean Penn, I will say that I thought he did a good job in this movie. Let’s go with the positives on this movie first: Nicole Kidman was great as usual.

(I didn’t like her as a blonde though!) She did a good acting performance, although I’m not sure her accent did her well in this movie.

• The Interpreter
      The plot is action packed and suspenseful.

It’s the type of movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat, wishing for more. Everyone did a fine job of acting in this movie.

Now for the negatives: I didn’t feel as though Sean Penn and Kidman had any type of

chemistry between them. It was like trying to butter dry toast.

It left a nasty taste in your mouth. They just weren’t right together.

That is really my only big complaint about the film. If you’re looking for a suspenseful, well acted film, I would definitely give this movie a try.

I know I enjoyed it.

The Interpreter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113107198150931/k2311a0731/7.31.07