Savoy Hotel  » Hotels  »
2.0
London, UK
  • It was a mere plastic key and I thought that it looked kind of funny
  • There was a copier and a fax machine that I found to be very handy since I was doing work at that time as well
  • We called in the concierge to send in a repairman or something but we were told that the problem would be fixed in the morning right away

• by missy

The Savoy Hotel is a place that is located near to the Theatre District. There was also Trafalgar Square nearby and it was a perfect location for me and my family at that time.

Upon checking in, we managed to get our room keys and these keys were something that I wouldn’t call nice and chic. It was a mere plastic key and I thought that it looked kind of funny. The keys did not fit into the door and beside the door was a panel whereby I slotted in the plastic key to then able to open the room door. I find that a bit complicated and certainly did not find it unique at all.

The room door did not have a knob on it and my family and I were fumbling around on how to open it when my genius of a young brother just shoved the door and we were then inside the room. I scratched my head at the ingenious of this situation and could not understand why they made such a design.

As for the hotel rooms, they were pretty large and looked kind of alright to me. There was a bed with a small desk and some closets. As for the TV, it was slotted near to the cabinet which was connected to a desk/work area for the business travelers. There was a copier and a fax ...

• machine that I found to be very handy since I was doing work at that time as well. I would say that the room were business-equipped but it kind of lack a personal touch and luster.

During our 2nd night there, we found out that the air-conditioner was not working. We called in the concierge to send in a repairman or something but we were told that the problem would be fixed in the morning right away. That was kind of a not-so-nice service but my family just shrugged the matter off. However, the repairman did come during the morning period and it was kind of a hassle since we were all sleeping. I felt that

the time co-ordination wasn’t perfect at all.

The restaurant food were not tasteful at all and when ordering room service, my mom wanted some scones. We then discovered that the scones served were not hot at all and that it tasted kind of bland. I felt that The Savoy, as told and promoted by people were not what they had mentioned at all. I did not think that The Savoy is a particularly great hotel, and a lot of things could certainly be improved. The staff were pretty pleasant but they kept having excuses about things that could not be done on time. I would rather they had offered a kind of an alternative plan instead of giving excuses.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23007197850731/k2311a0730/7.30.07