Western Union  » Finance  »
  • She had a good report about the whole experience

• by Sally

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Recently my friend, Julie, had an incident while on a bus trip. She was on the return trip from Corpus Christi Texas, when the bus had made a stop at a fast food place and she went in and ordered her lunch. When she got back onto the bus to continue on the trip, she had boarded without her purse. As with lots of us women, everything she owned was in her purse. With a little effort she got some help finding out the number to the restaurant and talked to the manager on duty. Her purse wasn’t there! It

must have been picked up by someone.

My friend called me telling me her situation. She asked me to send her some money to tie her over till she got home. I wasn’t quite sure what to do, but I went to my local Western Union and explained the situation. I explained that my friend had no ID or anything since she didn’t have her purse with her. The lady at Western Union told me to have a code word for my friend to give them, so they could release the money to her. She would either have to have ...

• identification verifying who she is, or she would have to have a preset code word that I set up. I filled out the paperwork and put in the code word Lynn, which is my friend’s middle name. Then I sent the money–$150 - receivable upon verification of the preset code word. When my friend called me again, I told her the code word was her middle name. Julie was able to access the money I sent her when she got into the next bus terminal on her way home.

She told me just how easy it was to get the money.

I asked her to rate the service she got through Western Union and she said it was great. Since she didn’t have any ID to vouch for her, my preset code word made the money instantly available to her. She was able to get meals and snacks while on her return trip. She was also pleasantly surprised that she would not have to reapply for a new ID and credit card because her purse was mailed back to her intact with all her belongings in it. She had a good report about the whole experience. She gives Western Union a great reference.

Western Union

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 423007197430631/k2311a0730/7.30.07