Paris travel  » Travel  »
  • Oddly enough, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Paris is the light
  • I remember going to the Louvre - fantastic collections, please don't even consider seeing it all at once - and then walking along Champs-Elysees only to stop at a cafe near the Arc de Triomphe
  • Be nice and respectful, and language should not be an issue

• by review$

The first time I went to Paris, I did it with my parents. I’d just turned eighteen and crossing the Atlantic was a novelty for the three of us. As I recall, we were all very nervous. Particularly me, since I was the only member of the family who spoke any French.

Oddly enough, the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Paris is the light. It was a warm, peaceful light that seemed to embrace everything in melancholy. I remember going to the Louvre - fantastic collections, please don’t even consider seeing it all at once - and then ...

• walking along Champs-Elysees only to stop at a cafe near the Arc de Triomphe.

Then, I’d just take the subway - great service, you can get almost anywhere this way - and I would visit Montmatre, where the Sacre coeur silently oversees one of the most infamous “red zones” in Europe.

Sacred

and profane, old and new, Paris appears to be arrogant enough to enjoy the defiance of contrasts. Of course, as any beautiful lady, she’s also self-confident enough to be at ease with any little revolution she provoques.

PS: Be nice and respectful, and language should not be an issue. At least, it wasn’t in my case.

Paris travel

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383007197420631/k2311a0730/7.30.07