Delta Airlines LA  » Airlines  »
Los Angeles
  • I called Delta and was told the cost of a round trip ticket was over $700
  • Instead of booking the overpriced flight I decided to check online first since Delta's recording stated that cheaper flights may be offered online
  • I found the same exact flight Deltas website for around $300 -- big savings

• by spazy

I sent my 14 year old son up to Oregon this summer to spend some time with his grandpa. I checked all airlines for a direct flight and Delta was the only airline that offered a direct, non-stsop flight.

I called Delta and was told the cost of a round trip ticket was over $700.

Instead of booking the overpriced flight I decided to check online first since Delta’s

recording stated that cheaper flights may be offered online.

I found the same exact flight Deltas website for around $300 — big savings!!!! I was informed that all children 14 and under traveling alone must pay an extra $50 to have a flight attendent accompany them during the flight and stay with them until the appointed person on the other end signs for them and shows ID.

I had ...

• to give name, address, phone number of person picking the child up.

My son would only be released to the person I registered with them to pick him up.

Check in at the airport, going thru security (only one adult could accompany him to gate, minor sister was allowed to come with me — dad had to stay back), and checking him in at gate all went smoothly.

Airline

steward sat with him at Eugene, Oregon airport until grandpa arrived, showed his ID and signed for him.

I felt that my son was in good hands and felt very comfortable with his first trip alone.

The only negatives I can think of was long telephone wait periods to speak with a Delta representative and of the 3 I spoke to on phone I could only easily understand one of them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 403007197400631/k2311a0730/7.30.07