Zone Alarm Firewall  » Software  »
  • I like this better than the windows one because it includes a lot of features

• by shiro_manjuu

ZoneAlarm is a firewall that one can choose over the default firewall that windows come with. I like this better than the windows one because it includes a lot of features.

You can put your computer on stealth mode so it is harder for hackers to find you.

The only annoyance about this feature is that, if you’re in a

network (within the computers in your own house/family per se), you are also invisible to those computers as well so if you want to trade files between you and say your brother’s, it is impossible so you have to switch it back to non-stealth mode.

It also blocks people from ping-ing your computer, and blocks other intrusions.

There are certain ...

• ports that are more vulnerable to users because of hacking activity, so you can even choose to block those ports but this function is not available in the free version.

I had one incident where i suspect i was being hacked, so there is this “lock” button that you can quickly press to stop all incoming/outgoing internet activity, to protect

yourselves.

I like this because the notifications that pop up when it tells you it blocked a hacker/intrustion/etc.

because windows firewall does not do this and it made me open my eyes to how unsafe the internet really was.

Before I got this firewall, I obtained some viruses that got pass my windows firewall, but once i switched to this, everything was alright.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303007197380631/k2311a0730/7.30.07