AVG Free Antivirus  » Software  »
  • It catches most viruses and like most antivirus programs, a notification will pop up saying there's a problem and if you want to qurantine it or not
  • I know for a fact that the worm IS there because it shows up with an advanced anti-virus scanner
  • Personally, I don't think just this program alone can protect your computer

• by shiro_manjuu

I have been using AVG Free antivirus for more than 2 years and I find the proformance to be satisfactory. It catches most viruses and like most antivirus programs, a notification will pop up saying there’s a problem and if you want to qurantine it or not.

A lot of virus

however, cannot be fixed which is annoying because the “fix” button exists but it never works which sort of defeats the purpose.

One annoying thing about AVG is that it never seems to catch worms.

I’ve gotten two worms off the school network and both times, it did not catch it ...

• when it was first introduced to my computer, nor does it show up when you full system scan your computer! I know for a fact that the worm IS there because it shows up with an advanced anti-virus scanner.

After that, I guess I don’t find AVG as reliable as before.

Personally, I don’t think just this program alone can protect your computer; couple it with an advanced firewall like ZoneAlarm.

Also I find the appearance of AVG to be an eyesore.

There is nothing special looking about it, in fact it is downright plain and the logo/quarantine logo is really ugly.

AVG Free Antivirus

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 303007197360631/k2311a0730/7.30.07