Saipan International Airport  » Airlines  »
  • Anyway, the airport wasn't as big as I thought it would be

• by Honey

From the plane, I could already see two things: one, the enormous beach on the west side of the island, two, the airport runway. The trip had been comfortable but my ears were still ringing from all the slang my seatmate had. Anyway, the airport wasn’t as big as I thought it would be; but at least it was cool.

The heat while walking to the airport made me want to go back; it was worse than in the Philippines. I had thought that the airport would look old

and would look like the domestic airports in my own country; you know, small, dirty and full of angry passengers.

But it wasn�t. It had a tropical ambiance, and there were plants.

The ones that you can actually touch and feel; not the plastic ones that accumulate dust. With all airports, check out was hell.

There were 3 flights that came in, and there was a long line. It was hell for me! I was standing in line for an hour and a half, just to get my passport ...

• stamped.

And then the baggage. It took me two hours to find mine and have it checked.

They’re very strict, and they will open your luggage. I wish I had bought a drink or something to eat because I was really hungry and my feet were aching from all that standing.

I do know that security and safety should come first, but I just wish that there would be more people doing it. There were about 3 or 4 check out counters and about 3 people checking luggages.

available porter when I came out. I don’t know if the airport is understaffed, but there was lack of service.

The only thing about that whole episode that made me smile was when I got out of the airport, a young lady came up to me and tucked a flower behind my ear. She said ‘welcome to saipan’ in broken English and smiled.

Okay, so it wasn’t all that bad. But they should make sure that the passengers are in and out of the airport, at least within the hour of arrival.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402907196150331/k2311a0729/7.29.07