Saipan Museum  » Art  »
Saipan
  • I believe it was the Nuestra Senora La Concepcion

• by Honey

I wanted to see the museum because I wanted to take some pictures to show a professor friend who is interested in Polynesian history. Saipan, like the Philippines, has a rich history.

According to the staff, it used to be a Japanese hospital before it was turned to a museum.

Small and quaint, that’s how I would describe

it.

But any trip to a foreign country will only be complete once you have gone to the local museum, right? So the size of the place doesn’t really matter.

Once you go inside, you will see memorabilia from World War II, as well as Spanish coins.

There were pieces from a Spanish Galleon on display; I believe ...

• it was the Nuestra Senora La Concepcion.

There were only a handful of visitors, and we took advantage of it.

We asked the guild a lot of questions about the artifacts and collections.

There was not a lot to see actually, but the guide was very helpful in making us understand what the artifacts were, it was

an enjoyable and educational afternoon.

My friend was bored, she wasn’t into history all that much, but I devoured everything in the museum.

Though small, the place was very clean, not a single speck of dust! Unlike some of the other museums, there are no entrance fees.

You are free to roam and take pictures as much as you like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 182907195790231/k2311a0729/7.29.07