Nutrisystem  » Health  »
  • I talked to my doctor, and I decided I was going to lose my excess weight

• by Mimi

After gaining weight for fifteen years, I was really in trouble. I talked to my doctor, and I decided I was going to lose my excess weight. I aimed for 150 pounds, and developed a mind-set that couldn’t be shaken.

I ate sensibly and sparingly for a year and a half, and coupled with treadmill workouts, I ended up losing 125 pounds, eating grocery store food. Actually, my husband told me I had been more attractive when I weighed more, and true enough, my face was beginning to look a little thin and gaunt.

I

gained back five pounds, went off dieting, though still eating sensibly. Occasionally, I went off the deep-end, stopping just short of eating fast food.

The outcome was I gained five more pounds, and I began to panic. I could see where this was headed.

For some reason unknown to me now, I succumbed to the ever-present advertising for Nutrisystem to lose ten pounds. I had taken in all of their glitzy advertising and tons of testimonials of those who had lost weight!

My Nutrisystem arrived, and I dedicated myself to my new diet for two days.

Then I began to notice I was starving and light-headed a lot. Exercising was out of the question, the way I felt.

On the Nutrisystem diet, you get to eat the minimum number of recommended daily calories to keep a person from getting sick. Sure, they have attractive-looking foods, like pizza, which turned out to be about the size of a quarter! Breakfast is a variety of protein bars which were good, but not filling; cereal breakfasts could be eaten in three spoonfuls.

The chicken salad they touted on tv to be fabulous ...

• Nutrisystem
      was ghastly. Most of the meals are about one step above Chef Boyardee Spaghettio’s.

The desserts weren’t bad, but there was very little of that, and they didn’t satisfy my hunger. The trick that Nutrisystem plays on you is to give you something like, say, a protein bar as an entree, and then they require you to supply two protein sources yourself to get enough protein.

Then, they require that you supply the major portion of your meals in the way of buy-your-own fruits, vegetables, salads, and dairy. This is the thing that is supposed to

fill you up, but they don’t even allow much of these.

Nutrisystem warns that if you don’t add in these buy-it-yourself staples, the consequences could be dire!

I packed up the rest of the food and sent it back, hope I’ll get a refund. Let me say, however, you are likely to lose weight on this diet, because you’ll have to forget about eating.

So I’m living with my extra ten pounds, and becoming aware to be health-conscious, keeping one eye on my calorie intake, enjoying occasional goodies, and two feet on the treadmill everyday!

Nutrisystem

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342707194690131/k2311a0727/7.27.07