Texas Roadhouse
Madison, WI
  • The food tasted good and there was definitely enough there to get me satisfied
  • Unfortunately for the Texas Roadhouse, their service didn't do much to make me want to be a repeat customer
  • I was also impressed with how clean the restaurant was
  • However, if I once again get the urge to travel out of town for dinner it's not going to be the place I will go out of my way for and I would recommend the same to anyone who asks

• by Steve

Typically, if I want a steak, I choose from one of several steak places in town. However, on occasion, when I want to try something different; I will travel to Madison, WI. This is how I ended up trying out the Texas Roadhouse on Annamark Dr.

And, though the food wasn’t bad and the price was reasonable, it’s not a place I intend on returning to any time soon. Like I said before, the food wasn’t bad.

I ordered a sirloin steak with a side order of mushrooms. The food tasted good and there was definitely enough there to get me

satisfied.

However, considering it took me 30 minutes to get there and I had to brave the Madison traffic, satisfying me wasn’t really enough. It had to impress me too and that’s where the meal fell short.

The reality was I could have gotten the same meal anywhere else, including a couple of family owned restaurants that offer the food at a lower price. And, I wouldn’t have to get into a debate about why it’s called the “Texas” Roadhouse when the company was founded in Indiana.

Unfortunately for the Texas Roadhouse, their service didn’t do much to make me want ...

• to be a repeat customer. We went for an early lunch during the week and there were very few people in the restaurant.

Yet, our server pretty much ignored us after bringing us our food and we had to track her down to get the check. The service in the restaurants around here isn’t any better.

But, at least I don’t have to use a great deal of gas getting to them. In terms of atmosphere, I have no complaints.

Like I said, the restaurant wasn’t that busy so we were able to have our food and have a conversation without

having to yell across the table to each other. I like that.

I was also impressed with how clean the restaurant was; including the bathrooms. In fact, I commented to my wife about how the men’s room there was cleaner than some dining areas we’ve eaten in.

If I’m in the Madison area and looking for a meal, there’s a good chance I’ll once again eat at the Texas Roadhouse. However, if I once again get the urge to travel out of town for dinner it’s not going to be the place I will go out of my way for and I would recommend the same to anyone who asks.

Texas Roadhouse

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72607194301031/k2311a0726/7.26.07