Zehnders Splash Village  » Leisure  »
Frankenmuth, MI USA
  • Small buckets and sprayers along the route keep things interesting
  • Mike age 12 and Zach age 17 had fun, but I think they got a little bored (after about 3 hours
  • The sink was outside the bathroom, which was convenient

• by Pat Merewether
      Zender’s Splash Village - Frankenmuth, MI USA, is right next to Bronner’s the ‘world’s largest Christmas store. ’ The outside is cheery and welcoming. The inside is decorated like an enchanted forest and very clean. I felt happier the minute I entered. We stepped inside the water park area,just off the main lobby and a cafe. It seemed really hot in there - but once we got wet, we were happy for the heat. The water park is set up for families, I’d say with kids 18 or under.

The far left area has little sprinklers and play ares with no actual ‘pool’. There are things to climb on and a slide. An enormous bucket is slowyly filled up near the ceiling. When it’s nearly filled a chime tells those who want to get dumpped on the stand under it and those who don’t. Next is a very shallow pool area about 6″ deep for babies and toddlers. There are little jump seats and water fountains for wee ones

to play in.

A large oval ‘river’ runs through the middle where anyone can float in the large tubes. I loved that part. Small buckets and sprayers along the route keep things interesting. The is a giant set of stairs in the middle that lead to 2 slide-tunnels. I managed to slide down both, but it’s not my thing. The kids love it.

There is also a deeper pool with for those who want to play water basketball or volley ball. Mike age 12 and Zach age 17 had fun, but I think they got a little bored (after about 3 hours!). Anthony, age 15 is autistic and loved it. He loves doing things on his own and nobody bothere him or made him try to ’socialize’ - he could just enjoy the water. Isabelle, age 9, is a water baby and loved every second. I think she and I would still be in there if my daughter hadn’t dragged us out.

...

• One of the most impressive things about the place was the focus on the safety and well-being of the guests. Life Guards (college students) are ever vigalant and tolerate no rough housing or running, bad language, etc. The also watch every area of the park at all times, so we felt very safe letting the kids scatter about in there and do their own thing. A life guard stands at the top of the slide tubes and one floats at the bottom - they time the release of the ’sliders’ so there’s no worry about banging into someone at the bottom. They were very professional yet unobtrusive. We rented a ’suite with a bedroom area with 2 large beds, a full shower/toilet bathroom.

The sink was outside the bathroom, which was convenient. They were all very clean. On the other side of the 1/2 wall was a sitting room or living room area. The decor is lovely. There was a corner fireplace with a corner tv set

into the wall. The couch and side chair were clean and comfy.

Our room was only seconds from the water park and cafe - yet very quiet. Things to know: Guests are given a color-coded bracelet which allows you to swim and stay in the park for a 24-hour stay. Towels are provided, so I’d leave my special beach towel at home. The water park area is open from 10 a. m. until 10 p.

m. If you’re a guest at the hotel, you may swim and play until 4 pm of the second day. Checkout from the room is 11 a. m. Safety is a huge plus. They make it a priority.

There is a large indoor pool and hot tub at the other end of the building for those who just want to swim in a quiet area. I tried to think of any negatives, but cannot. It’s just a wonderful place for families who love to play in the water.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 612607194221031/k2311a0726/7.26.07