Applebees Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL
  • It's a good restaurant - I find their menu kind of limited in the full meals department

• by Jazz

I love the atmosphere in Applebees. The old photos on the walls of movie stars, antique widgets and pretty lighting. Their booths are really comfortable, too.

Know that it is a family restaurant and will have children there in the early evening. Before dinner, we had spinach dip that was good - served nice and hot with fresh tortilla chips.

One

of my friends ordered some kind of wings which everyone said were great. –I don’t eat wings so I’ll take their word for it.

I ordered a Mandarin Chicken salad that was wonderful. It had big pieces of chicken and mixed greens and a really tasty salad dressing.

It is a huge salad - enough for two people to me but ...

• you can buy a half salad. I also had a Bahama Mama- there’s a regular and a gigantic size which is really huge.

I got the smaller one and it was really good - not overly sweet like in some places. There’s a full bar in the middle of the restaurant which is tastefully done.

If they are crowded you

can eat in the bar area at a table or you can sit right at the bar. I’ve done that and got seated immediately.

It’s a good restaurant - I find their menu kind of limited in the full meals department. They also serve sandwiches and burgers and several dinner-sized salads.

The food is good, the atmosphere is fun and it’s not over priced at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72507192700531/k2311a0725/7.25.07