Acuvue Contact Lenses  » Health  »
  • As the days go by, however, I realize they don't last quite the full two weeks they are supposed to

• by Maggie Madison

I got these contacts about 9 months ago, to replace the 30 day lenses I was using. I needed the new contacts because the 30 day lenses were too drying.

At that time, the optometrist told me the Acuvue Oasis with Hydraclear Plus Contact Lenses were the thinnest, most comfortable contacts out there.

I agreed t give them a

try.

I walked out with several hundred dollars of contacts and I was hopeful these would be exactly what I needed.

The optometrist had said that although these were not 30 day lenses, I could wear them overnight as long as I realized that they would only last half as long.

I tried them the next day.

They seemed OK ...

• for a few hours.

I gradually built up wearing them over the next few weeks and it was really inconsistent.

Some days I would literally forget they were in and other days I couldn’t wait to take them out.

I realized that after I started a new pair, they were fine for about a week, then they became increasingly

dry, itchy and very uncomfortable.

I couldn’t even fathom wearing them overnight.

Presently, things have not changed.

I wear them during the day for 8-10 hours and with a new pair, I almost go to bed with them still in, because I forget about them.

As the days go by, however, I realize they don’t last quite the full two weeks they are supposed to.

Acuvue Contact Lenses

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342507192620431/k2311a0725/7.25.07