Crowne Plaza Orlando  » Hotels  »
Orlando, Florida
  • We stayed for about 4 days and 3 nights, and although I love the fact that the hotel rooms were kept tidy at all times, the pricing is quite expensive
  • What I mean by a shrugger is that there was this one time when I asked one of the hotel bell-boy what would be the best place to check out here, he just matter-of-fact gave me a shrug
  • I think that's because of budget concerns or something
  • But if you ask me personally, I don't think I will ever make a return visit

• by missy

Crowne Plaza Hotel Orlando-Universal is a great hotel to check out when you do have the chance to go to Orlando. I would say that this place is very clean and the pricing is just right. It is also very close to the Universal, so at that time, my family and relatives were getting a blast of a time checking out Universal and at the same time staying in this great hotel. However, on the contrary, I would honestly say that although the hotel is a nice and clean place to stay, it is actually a 4 star instead of a 5 star.

On the other hand, the service lacks focus and I would describe the landscape as basic and simple. We stayed for about 4 days and 3 nights, and although I love the fact that the hotel rooms were kept tidy at all times, the pricing is quite expensive. About $300+

total, including tax.

But seeming it is a 4 star, I would say it’s pretty worthwhile to have this kind of pricing and a great ambiance too. As for the hotel amenities, they are pretty round out and well thought out. On the other hand, if you are the type to be using a lot of internet access either in the room or the business center, you have to pay for it, and it is certainly not cheap.

I find this fact irritating, as other hotels, even the major ones, do not charge for the usage at all. Therefore, my mom and one of my aunt warned us never to use the internet at all times while we were there. It was our way of showing uneasiness towards the internet charges, when naturally the costs should be absorbed by the hotel.

The services were pretty menial on the other hand. There were ...

• some concerned staffs and others were pretty rude or just ignorant and a shrugger. What I mean by a shrugger is that there was this one time when I asked one of the hotel bell-boy what would be the best place to check out here, he just matter-of-fact gave me a shrug.

And not just him, in fact a lot of other staffs gave me the “shrug”. It was so irritating. As for the chambermaid part, there was quite a few occasions where the one in charge failed to replace our shampoo, and that happened for around 3/4 of our stay there, until my mom highlighted to her personally that we started to see some re-fills.

And I mean some, not all. I agreed with my mom and followed to talk to her. We were not trying to be difficult hotel patrons, but I felt it right to have a re-fill

since everything in the hotel room was already paid for.

We did not even fully utilize the hotel toiletries though. The best part was exploring the Universal, but that\’s just about it. Coming back to the hotel felt like a must for a rest only, and not something that my relatives, family and myself were looking forward too.

As for the pool area and some of the yard landscapes, there were some incomplete work. I think that’s because of budget concerns or something; not so sure about that. But, it would have been nice if they could have completed the work as there’s some nice architectural basics already visible.

I would give this hotel some credit for its clean sheets, pillows and the general cleanliness of the rooms. But if you ask me personally, I don’t think I will ever make a return visit. There’s just nothing much memorable about Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Crowne Plaza Orlando

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22407192320131/k2311a0724/7.24.07