Whirlpool Duet  » Electronics  »
  • Although the price tag of $988 plus the pedistal $205 was much more than a top loading washing machine, I am am glad that we took the plunge and plunked down the heavy price tag

• by Bane Goss

The Whirlpool Duet Front-Loading Automatic Washer has been a great investment. Although the price tag of $988 plus the pedistal $205 was much more than a top loading washing machine, I am am glad that we took the plunge and plunked down the heavy price tag. The price seems to be the only downside to this machine.

/> The most important thing that it does for our family is conserve water. We live in the country and have a well that runs dry quite frequently.

My husband went from hauling water three-to-five times a week to once-a-week. This has grealy improved our lives.

Second, this machine has a huge tub. I am washing five less loads per week as well.

And, the clothes come out clean. You must buy a differnt detergent, but it doesn’t seem to be any more expensive than the regular brands.

Most major detergent lines have a High Efficiency detergent. Because it has a spring system, it does not “walk” in ...

• Whirlpool Duet
      my laundy room and is the same size as my last top loading washing machine.

My friend bought a Kenmore front-loading machine about a year ago and hers “walks. ” In addition, there are many lights and buttons, which are tall enough to be out of the reach of small children on the pedistal.

They are

also attractive. During the spin cycle, it does get a little loud.

It almost sounds like an engine getting ready to take off. But, we just shut the door to the laundry room.

I have been washing with this maching for a several months now, and I have no complaints about the water usage or the cleaning power of this machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162407192240131/k2311a0724/7.24.07