The Pitfall movie  » Movies  »
  • This is one of Hiroshi Teshigahara's earliest works and my favorite of his films that I've seen so far

• by limonar
      This is one of Hiroshi Teshigahara’s earliest works and my favorite of his films that I’ve seen so far. A man and his little boy is walking together by a lake when someone comes out of the bushes and shoots the man.

We are

not explained to why this is happening.

The boy is shocked of course, but the man doesn’t seem to be dead.

He rises up without anyone noticing and says he is not dead.

Nobody is reacting, and we soon come to understand that we ...

• are seeing the man’s ghost.

He wants to know why he was killed, so he tries to find the person who shot him.

I won’t reveal what happens after that, but I can say this is a very mysterious film, just as Teshigahara’s other

works.

With surreal images, amazingly put together in a suggestive, almost “music video”-like way he tells this curious story.

The film loses some of its energy during the second film, but it remains to be a most important and influential piece of cinematic art.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11271118910830/k2311a1127/11.27.05