Toshiba Satellite A135  » Laptops  »
1.0
  • As I was impressed with my brother�s Toshiba Satellite U205, I decided to buy a Satellite, too
  • I don't like MS Home, because of network problems
  • So, after three hours I came home with Windows XP and a bit disappointed
  • To avoid being manipulated, I asked my brother to come along with me
  • I know Windows Update is not really a very useful tool for most people, but I believe that a computer should be able to do all the tasks it was made to do

• by Honey

My dad finally took pity on me and lent me the money to buy a new laptop. As I was impressed with my brother�s Toshiba Satellite U205, I decided to buy a Satellite, too. But considering my lack of funds, I went for a cheaper package.

When I saw it at the store, they said it was Vista Premium and I assumed that they would be putting MS Vista as the operating system. I was really excited and when I got home, I got the shock of my life when they put MS Home.

I don’t like MS Home, because of network problems. Meaning I won’t be able to connect to the network in my house and won’t be able to share files with my cousin.

I went back to the store the following day and asked why they had put MS Home, when the clerk said it would come with Vista. They said that they ran out of licenses for Vista and hadn’t thought of telling me about it.

So, after three hours I came home with Windows XP and a bit disappointed. Still, it was a ...

• new computer and I was eager to use it.

Things were going perfectly, when Windows Update suddenly prompted and my computer froze. Software and hardware incompatibility I think.

But whatever it was, the Toshiba Satellite went back to the store. To avoid being manipulated, I asked my brother to come along with me.

He explained what happened, and asked what they would be doing about it. It wasn’t too late to get it refunded or replaced, so I told my brother that I would be getting the Toshiba U205 if they can’t fix the

Windows Update problem.

I’m at home now, and I have a new Toshiba Satellite A135. Hopefully it will not crash as soon as Windows Update runs, and I am crossing my fingers.

I know Windows Update is not really a very useful tool for most people, but I believe that a computer should be able to do all the tasks it was made to do. If it can’t, then it’s going back to the store and with a bit of luck, my dad will lend me the much needed money to get the Satellite U205.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632007189061131/k2311a0720/7.20.07