The Woman in the Dunes movie  » Movies  »
  • It didn't tell me anything about my own life, even if I could admit it's interesting in an artistic perspective to use images in a clear symbolical fashion, instead of the character-driven way more common in the conventional cinema

• by limonar
      Hiroshi Teshigahara’s probably most famous work is a very, very odd sort of symbolic journey through a desolated landscape with lonely people. A man and his wife live in a small house in the desert.

They are both troubles

by the presence of something in the dunes.

Actually, the sand, or dunes, have some symbolical meaning in here that each viewer have to interpret for themselves.

To be honest wasn’t really touched by the content here.

It ...

• didn’t tell me anything about my own life, even if I could admit it’s interesting in an artistic perspective to use images in a clear symbolical fashion, instead of the character-driven way more common in the conventional cinema.

The

images are just stunning in their beauty.

Teshigahara has captured all the moods and feelings within the lives of these characters in a brilliant way.

Despite that, I don’t feel this film changed my life or way of thinking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11271118890830/k2311a1127/11.27.05