Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • During 2004, I have won some investment money, and I decided to sponsor my family and boyfriend to a cruise
  • However, one thing that I dislike about this cruise would be that it should have more food options
  • I noticed that the room's necessities were quite adequate
  • Initially, there was some sort of language barrier, but nevertheless, they tried their best to help the best way that they can
  • Other than that, there was also a miniature golf course and my parents and siblings enjoyed playing it

• by missy

One of the cruises that I have been on which is expensive yet excellent and world class would be Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas. It is certainly a money well spent. During 2004, I have won some investment money, and I decided to sponsor my family and boyfriend to a cruise. Serenade of the Seas was a real beautiful ship and it has lots of excellent staff. The atmosphere was certainly made for cruising and I was so happy with the rooms. It was real big and roomy. However, one thing that I dislike about this cruise would be that it should have more food options.

But otherwise, everything was way near to perfection for me. Booking this cruise was easy peasy. You can book tickets online through their official website or you could book it through a travel agency. Boarding this ship was very fast and efficient. There were a few lines and it seemed crowded, but the queue was pretty quick, and I guess the staff inside were really doing their job. We were welcomed warmly, and

we then were assigned to our rooms.

There was an announcement which then welcomed us once more, and we were told what to do. It was easy and straight-forward. I shared a room with my boyfriend and my siblings and parents each to their own rooms in groups. My room was an inside stateroom with no window. That was pretty fine with me, since I only intend to use the room for sleeping, bathing and touching up my face. My boyfriend also had told me not to spend too much time in the room, and rather to explore the cruise.

I noticed that the room\’s necessities were quite adequate. There were a desk, drawers, a closet with some shelves and a fridge with plenty of mirrors. There was also a dressing table. So you could imagine the room being considerably medium-sized. Most of the staff were very helpful, kind and friendly. Initially, there was some sort of language barrier, but nevertheless, they tried their best to help the best way that they can.

Every night we found that ...

• our beds were made up and the room arranged back to its original order. It was a bit of a hassle to me, but I welcome that definitely, since I was pretty happy with the ship on the whole. The restaurant was great and I gave it 5 stars. I had never before been pampered by such a tender loving care wait staff, and my boyfriend thought he was flirting with me. I told that he was just doing his job well. My parents sort of laughed at how jealous my boyfriend looked.

Other than that, the food served were pretty to my standard. There were enough fruits, vegetables and meat. However, as I have mentioned before, it would be great to have more varieties to the food though. Once your glass is empty, the wait staff will not wait for you to request for a re-fill. It was done automatically, and I applaud a small service gesture as such. There were also Turkey sandwiches, Pizza and sushi on the list menu.

However, the cruise did not have round the

clock eating. If you happen to be hungry around 3 AM, you could request for a room service, and I suppose that has charges to it. Entertainment-wise, there were theater shows, clubs, bars and a nightclub. I did not check out the bars, but did make a round at the nightclub. There were quite a few people dancing and everything and the club was lit up pretty well. I was pretty decent and did not spend my whole night there.

Instead, my boyfriend and I went to the top of the deck to look at the stars and exchange our dreams. For families looking for activities, you could bring your children to check out the arcade, pool and rock climbing. Yes, there’s a wall for a rock-climbing activity. Other than that, there was also a miniature golf course and my parents and siblings enjoyed playing it. The whole trip felt short and I wished that the trip could be prolonged. I really admire the beauty of the ship and would want to save up go again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42007188771131/k2311a0720/7.20.07