Maybelline Great Lash Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • In my opinion, the most important part of eyelash enhancement is the eyelash curler and mascara brush you are using
  • I just recommend sticking to brands with higher quality

• by Lindsay

This mascara supposedly has a cult following. Every beauty magazine through the years always rates it #1 with all of the “we would rather use this $6 mascara than any expensive department store brand” ravings. Well, sorry but I think it is horrible.

In my opinion, the most important part of eyelash enhancement is the eyelash

curler and mascara brush you are using. (By the way I highly recomment Shu Uemera Eyelash Curlers).

But anyways, the Great Lash Mascara’s brush, to begin with, is terrible. It does not seperate and I always get a really thick coat of mascara after the first application.

Forget putting on more than one coat, too, because ...

• then you will end up looking like Tammy Faye Baker (bless her soul–she is the only gal in the WORLD that can pull off that look). Also, the formula itself is too, hmm how do I put it, shiny.

It just makes lashes look terrible and unnatural. The only plus? The packaging, which makes me feel

sentimental about the 80’s with its bubblegum pink tube and lime green top.

Ick. I just recommend sticking to brands with higher quality.

Mascara is part of the makeup routine that you can’t skimp on. Lancome Hypnose is fantastic and I seem to never go wrong with Clinique, which is on the less-expensive-high-end spectrum.

The mirror will thank you.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311907188500831/k2311a0719/7.19.07