Lake Days Beaver Dam WI
1.5
Beaver Dam, WI
  • In addition to the lack of activities, I also noticed Lake Days still uses that stupid ticket system for going on rides and even buying food

• by Steve

Like most towns, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin has an annual summer festivity; Lake Days. However, unlike other towns that go out of their way to top the previous year, Beaver Dam’s Lake Days are going down hill.

My wife and I made it a point to take our daughter up their this morning, well, actually, a little after noon.

In the past, there were some booths up there and plenty of options

for food but this year it was just sad.

Even though it was afternoon, hardly anything was open.

There was a band playing in the beer tent (some place you don’t want to take a 3-year-old child) and none of the carnival rides were even going yet.

The only thing there for kids were a couple of McDonald’s characters running around and, of course, my daughter is still scared of them.

...

• In fact, we walked up there from my parents house and five minutes after we got there, our daughter, who had been telling us all morning how much she wanted to go, was now telling us she wanted to go home.

In addition to the lack of activities, I also noticed Lake Days still uses that stupid ticket system for going on rides and even buying food.

Rather than get a

brat or an ice cream cone from any of the food stands and paying cash for it, we have to go to their ticket booth and buy tickets at 50 cents each.

Those are then used to pay for everything.

A sub from Jimmy John’s, for example, costs 5 tickets.

If this is all the effort the Lake Days Committee is going to throw into the event, you can be sure I won’t be attending it next summer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591907188410831/k2311a0719/7.19.07