Epic Movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • Well, maybe I should rephrase that, I did like it, I'm just not sure if I should have been disappointed in it
  • I'm glad I watched the film, but I'm not so impressed with it that I'll go out of my way to see it a second time

• by Steve

It’s been since last night since I watched Epic Movie and I’m still a bit torn about whether I liked the movie or not. Well, maybe I should rephrase that, I did like it, I’m just not sure if I should have been disappointed in it.

Epic Movie was an OK

film with plenty of funny scenes in it.

Of course, most movies that spoof other films are like that.

It focused on four orphans who win a contest to a magic chocolate factory and are chased by Willie Wonka who wants to cut them up into is chocolate bars.

They escape ...

• through a magic wardrobe into the land of Gnarnia.

Basically, the plot follows the same plot of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and makes sure to spoof everything from Harry Potter to Nacho Libre.

Like I said before, there were plenty of funny scenes but the movie writers obviously

couldn’t find enough material considering a good portion was MTV-like music videos and B-rated gross out scenes like the one where one of the characters gets drunk and vomits on everyone.

I’m glad I watched the film, but I’m not so impressed with it that I’ll go out of my way to see it a second time.

Epic Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111907188370831/k2311a0719/7.19.07