The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb  » Movies  »
  • I picked up The Curse of King Tut's Tomb because it was cheap ($6.44) and because it looked somewhat interesting, if a bit derivative
  • I think the first half of the mini-series holds up fairly well
  • In the second half, however, it starts to fall under the weight of its own length (clocking in at about 3 hours) and in my opinion completely undermines its own story at one point (although I won't point out where that is to avoid spoilers)

• by David Penman

I picked up The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb because it was cheap ($6. 44) and because it looked somewhat interesting, if a bit derivative.

Derivative is right, this two-part mini-series steals liberally from both the Indiana Jones franchise as well as the Mummy series.

Does the Curse of King Tut’s Tomb live up to either of those

film series? Certainly not Indiana Jones.

As for the Mummy, I was never thrilled about that series to begin with, but this does not match it in terms of casting or special effects.

All that said, The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb is still somewhat enjoyable in its own right.

It is a fun mini-series,

• and not at all bad for what it is (a Hallmark production made as a TV mini-series for its Hallmark Channel).

I think the first half of the mini-series holds up fairly well.

my opinion completely undermines its own story at one point (although I won’t point out where that is to avoid spoilers).

About halfway through the final half I started to lose interest, although it ended up respectably enough.

Hardly ground making cinema but a fun enough movie for what it is, recommended if you are a fan of B-movies or made for TV movies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111607187021131/k2311a0716/7.16.07