Mother Hubbard Case  » Movies  »
1.0
  • After this point, I don't think I have to announce my opinion on the supporting cast
  • The plot was very mysterious and interesting, but the end was a let down for me

• by jolly

I am reviewing The Mother Hubbard Case, a Sherlock Holmes episode from the boxed set, Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Series 39 Thrilling Episodes. This series was produced by Sheldon Reynolds and filmed in France in the fifties. Ronald Howard, the son of actor Leslie Howard, stars as Sherlock Holmes, and Marion Crawford stars as Watson.

This episode finds Sherlock Holmes involved in a case of deliberate deception and murder. A father

and daughter, who are in immediate need of his help, approach Sherlock Holmes.

The woman tells Holmes that she has not seen her husband since he sent her a note, indicating that he was helping a little girl find her way home. As there had been other noted disappearances around London recently, Holmes believes the case to be connected.

During their investigation, Holmes and Watson track down the man’s movements, and come ...

• across an apparently abandoned house. It is here that they find the poor dead man’s body.

Holmes comes to the conclusion that the vicious murderer has been leading unsuspecting people to abandoned houses, where upon they kill them. This episode is pretty good.

It is not one of my favorite ones, but it is decent. After this point, I don’t think I have to announce my opinion on the supporting cast.

It is basically the same way with every single episode. How could these people be considered actors? I could do better.

Howard and Crawford are perfect as usual, and their chemistry appears to become stronger and stronger with each episode. The plot was very mysterious and interesting, but the end was a let down for me.

If you’re bored, you might pop this episode on, but otherwise, I wouldn’t bother with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111507186880331/k2311a0715/7.15.07