PayPal eMail Scammers  » Scam  »
0.5
  • And I don't like it when you fill up my inbox with your crap

• by Walter Stevens
      Like a lot of people these days, I have a PayPal account. And like a lot of people that have PayPal, I have gotten numerous messages from “PayPal” that turned out to be nothing more than fraudulent scammers. I’ll admit that some of these folks do a fairly good job.

Their e-mails look professional, almost as if they might really be from PayPal. But a lot of them don’t.

Their e-mails are

filled with typos and errors and weird symbols inserted where they don’t belong (I assume because the scammers don’t speak English and are using non-English keyboards). You just take one look and you realize they’re fakes.

Of course, once you see them start saying you have to click links you know it is going to be a fake. PayPal doesn’t ever ask you to do things like that.

Ever. Keep that in ...

• mind.

You never have to click on links to authenticate anything with a real PayPal e-mail. These scammers really insult my intelligence though by thinking that I’m not smart enough to look to see where the link is sending me before I would even dream of clicking.

If you look at the bottom of your browser, you see right away that you are being sent far away from PayPal if you click one of

these links. Sorry, scammers, but I’m not that stupid.

And I don’t like it when you fill up my inbox with your crap. Even if you’re only filling up my Bulk folder it ticks me off.

Why don’t you just stop it? People aren’t stupid, they aren’t going to click your silly little links or play your silly little games. I mean, really.

You get a 0 out of 10, except the system doesn’t go that low.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 60261118540530/k2311a1126/11.26.05