Banco De Oro  » Finance  »
0.5
  • I'm disappointed with the kind of customer service they provide

• by Honey

I was hoping to open an account with Banco de Oro. But before I go to one of their branch offices, I wanted to know the requirements to open an account, so I called their 1-800 number hoping to talk to a bank representative.

I spent three hours pressing numbers and hoping to talk to someone.

Instead I ended

up listening to numerous recordings asking for my 10 digit account number.

When I was able to get to a representative, she informed me that I had pressed the wrong option and I should try calling again because they cannot transfer my call to the proper department.

And when I asked what department or number on the phone pad ...

• I should press, she just said customer service.

After I had been dialing and listening to awful American accent imitations, I finally got through to someone, and again was told the same thing.

The first person I had spoken to was from Asenso Kabayan Products and the second one was from the Loans department.

The two representatives didn’t even

try to look for the information I needed.

How hard can it be to ask their supervisor for the requirements to open an account.

I’m disappointed with the kind of customer service they provide.

After three hours, I gave up and finally decided not to open an account with a bank who doesn’t want to talk to their customers.

Banco De Oro
    ana leah yap says :

my husband has an atm .my mother send money to that atm account and i receieve it i widraw thrice then i have a balance. then now i have a balance of somtheng then i widraw haf of it but the atm post insufficient fund. how can i get my money?

Hi Ana,

BDO requires a minimum withdrawal of Php 500.00, its either that you dont have the sufficient amount to withdraw or you haven’t meet the minimum withdrawn amount.

Owen says :

re : I’m disappointed with the kind of customer service they provide
    We had our house and lot title tendered to BDO for a loan amount of PHP500,000, my mother paid them monthly as negotiated so the remaining amount after a couple of months should be about 320,000 Pesos. We decided withdraw the title from Banko De Oro but to our surprise, they increase the remaining payment on the same day after knowing that we want to get our title back up to a staggering amount of 480,000 which is exactly not in the contract that my mother signed for.

BDO is a big RIP-OFF. WARNING - to all people who want to apply for home loan to BDO - DO NOT

Rose says :

Yes.. I agree.. not just their House Loans, even their personnel are not customer oriented, they were not friendly. A branch nearby in my office so I tried to apply for a debit visa savings bank, the new account representative ask me for the purpose of the said card, so I told her that my sister actually need it, she need to transfer funds from her account to Visa Savings so she can withdraw funds abroad, in short I will apply the card under my name then I’ll sent it to my sister abroad.. But to my dismay she didn’t gave an application, she explained to me that it’s not possible for my sister to use the said card under my name and knowing that she will use it abroad, that my sister can’t complaint for any problem arise of using the debit visa.. I was so dismayed.. because I know what she means, but my point is I’m the account holder of course I will still do the complaint, if any problem my sister will incurred she will return to me the card and process any complaint, because that was we chose to do so.. the BDO decided for me not asking what I need as customer, very opposite on what they’ve advertised..

Owen says :

WE FIND WAYS TO NOT FIND WAYS BECAUSE HERE AT BDO WE WANT EVERYTHING TO BE FAVORABLE TO US AND NOT TO YOU SO SCREW YOU CUSTOMERS

jay says :

yes , I agree.. based on my experience ang disappointing ang customer services, nakakabwesit tumawag ng international call sa call center nila.ilang beses ka kailangang tumawag sa maliit na problema at iba iba ang mga sagot ng call center agents. parang ginagago ka lang sa mga sagot. masisipag ang mga Filipino , pero itong mga sumasaagot sa mga calls nila nakakainit ng ulo..I decided to close my account, pangit ng customer service nila.

jerome says :

hello good day.. i just want to ask on how to open an account for BDO. and how much is the minimum deposit.. thanks..

Hi Jerome,

You need to submit these requirements

Two (2) valid and recent IDs with your name and picture
    Two (2) Photocopies of your ID
    IDs acceptable for opening a savings account can be Passport, Driver s license, PRC ID, NBI clearance, Police clearance, Postal ID, Voter s ID, Barangay certification, GSIS e-Card, SSS ID, Philhealth card, Senior Citizen Card, OWWA ID, OFW ID, Seaman s Book, Alien Certification of Registration Immigrant Certificate of Registration, and other Government office IDs

Minimum Initial Deposit for BDO Savings

melody says :

what composes your loan department?what works are involved or given to your workers in that deparment?

Hi Melody,

The reviewer and this website is not connected with BDO. With your request, BDO wont divulge you that information since it is Confidential to their company.

haide saguion says :

how much to open account on BDO because i want to open account?

Hi Haide,

Minimum Initial Deposit for BDO Savings is
    For

dorina says :

can you help me?i want to open account, but i dnt know wat is the requirements and i need to know how much is the deposit.i wait to ur reply

Hi Dorina,

These are the requirements for opening an account at BDO. Check below

Two (2) valid and recent IDs with your name and picture
    Two (2) Photocopies of your ID

Minimum Initial Deposit for BDO Savings is
    FOR

Sanzenin9 says :

Just for additional info too, if you are a college student you only need the following:
    current school ID and back-to-back photocopy
    photocopy of this semester’s enrollment receipt
    barangay clearance

Some branches ask for proofs of billing too (not necessarily under your name) so it may differ from branch to branch.

gina says :

hi i want to have a statement of account of my bdo savings atm. i cant inquire bcoz im here in saudi. how to know that my renittance is already in my saving. i waqnt to have notice thru my email add. tnx..

Hi Gina,

Since your at Saudi, you may call BPI Customer Service hotline number at INTERNATIONAL
    (Int l. Access Code) 800-8-631-8000

FRANCISCO SEBASTIAN ANTONIO says :

Hey BDO, what happen to you? CAN`T YOU FIND WAYS TO DELIVER MY CREDIT CARD REPLACEMENT? My Credit Card No. 5125 7104 6389 2136 WAS EXPIRED AS OF NOVEMBER 2011 my God I does not happen before, i have already lost interest calling you telephone number. I had called many times, and i even gave my Celphone number and landline number but still your messenger failed to deliver the replacement card Can`t he exert a little effort to text or called me? If your messenger continuously failed deliver my replacement card, may i just request for my credit card termination. Thank you so much Francisco S. Antonio

Hi Francisco,

This website is not connected with BDO and so does the reviewer. The best way you can do is go to your branch and inquire regarding the status of your Credit Card. For your convenience, you may call BDO Customer Support Hotline number at 631-81000
    Domestic Toll-Free Nos.
    1800-10-631-8000 (PLDT)
    1800-3-631-8000 (Digitel)
    1800-5-631-8000 (Bayantel)
    1800-8-631-8000 (Globelines)

INTERNATIONAL
    (Int l. Access Code) 800-8-631-8000

Kurt says :

Can you explain what is Kabayan Peso Savings Account and Peso Savings Account Payroll?

Jules Li says :

Kurt, you’re not being precise on any exact information that you need to know. But, the peso savings account is similar to any other savings account. It requires P50 to open. The peso savings account payroll requires a minimum of 100.00
    Here’s a link to BDO’s website that has more details:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 421107184890531/k2311a0711/7.11.07