Oster 2-Tier Electronic Steamer  » Housewares  »
  • Ever since I found out that steaming is the way to go to preserve the healthy vitamins and nutrients in food, I just had to have a steamer

• by Honey

Ever since I found out that steaming is the way to go to preserve the healthy vitamins and nutrients in food, I just had to have a steamer. I saw this Oster Steamer on sale, and decided to give it a try. I said if I didn’t like it, I could always give it to one of my siblings who aren’t always happy with my hand me downs.

In our country, rice is the staple food. And no matter

how hard I’ve tried to stay away from all those carbs, I just can’t stop myself from eating rice.

The first one that I cooked was a recipe of fish and rice I saw in a south beach diet book. I popped in the rice (that had been cleaned thoroughly) and topped it with the frozen chicken, after about 10 minutes I added the marinade that was supposed to go with the chicken.

The rice at the bottom tier,

• the chicken at the top one. When the chicken was soft and tender, and the rice cooked, I put in the vegetables beside the chicken.

Soft (but not soggy) veggies, tender chicken and great rice. It was a fantastic meal.

The following day, I cooked eggs for breakfast and the egg holder is great. The eggs never broke, until when you would pop it in the microwave or just boil it the usual way.

I’ve been using it a

lot ever since. There’s an external water fill, so you know when you need to add more water.

There’s also an LCD display which is really one of the coolest things about this product. I have never seen a steamer with a display like that of a microwave’s.

There’s also a keep warm system, so I can go to the gym and come home with warm meals. It’s a great addition to our kitchen, and doesn’t take a whole lot of space.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531007183801131/k2311a0710/7.10.07