Tiger Tiger  » Entertainment  »
2.5
Haymarket, Piccadilly, London
  • The food was superb and the birthday girl was in high spirits, the entertainment in the retaurant finished at 10.30pm, we then went out to the bar to chill and have a few drinks between us, the venue is quite spacious, air conditioned and there isn't a lot of overcrowding which can be annoying in a lot of clubs especially when it can take you ages to get to a bar and ages to get served
  • At 3.30 am the last record had stopped playing and it was now closing time, well I did have a good evening, it wasn't too expensive for a night out, in fact we all had a great night out and there was no negative opinions from either of us, I would definatly come back again in the near future

• by ricardo jones

I was recently invited to a friend’s birthday party which was held at Tiger Tiger in Croydon, this was my first visit to the venue, though I had been to the other Tiger Tiger that is situated in Haymarket, Piccadilly two years previously. I arrived early at 7pm because we were all meeting up for a birthday meal inside the venue.

It was a warm Friday evening and quite busy with diners outside as I was approaching the enterence, I made my way through the bar then to the restaurant dining area with ease without the usual

wrong turn here or there, as I entered I was greeted with a warm smile by the hostess whom I later discovered was ‘Mrs Rosie Thorn’, who later enteretained us with humour and guest artists between the three course meals.

30pm, we then went out to the bar to chill and have a few drinks between us, the venue is quite spacious, air conditioned and there isn’t a lot of overcrowding which can be annoying in a lot ...

• of clubs especially when it can take you ages to get to a bar and ages to get served.

The age range of the club goers averaged between 21 and 45, there is a nice atmosphere there, a friendly crowd with no rowdiness or bad behaviour, the dress code is smart and casual, no hats, trainers or hoods.

At the bar there are 2 large video screens showing music channels and you can hear the music playing on the dance floor upstairs which also has a bar, there is a wide variety of music that is

played from the charts which also includes house, hip hop, pop and dance, the DJ laid down some soca rhythms and soul music for a while which got me up and dancing for the rest of the night.

At 3.

30 am the last record had stopped playing and it was now closing time, well I did have a good evening, it wasn’t too expensive for a night out, in fact we all had a great night out and there was no negative opinions from either of us, I would definatly come back again in the near future.

Fiffi20 says :

Worst club ever, rude costumer service, we had to wait an hour and a half for our food. Also good in trouble with the door bouncer because we left our bags on the table and he literally started graping the bag to bring them to the cloakroom which is invading my property. He got really up sad when I told him to back off. I just didn`t get the idea that we have to pay even more money to hang up our handbags that never ever has happened to me before. Its dirty totally overpriced for what u get the cocktails are horrendous I could do them better. One has to get super drunk to bare the location. Worst night ever. I never ever go back there pretending to be the hottest location in London but come on we all know its just dirty tiger tiger.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59907182680331/k2311a079/7.9.07