Springhill Camp  » Travel  »
Seymour, Indiana
  • The children each said they most enjoyed the campfire rap sessions about God and sang Christian camp songs all the way home

• by Rebecca Bibbs

My son and nephew attended Springhill Camp-Indiana in June 2007. Springhill opened its first Christian camp in Michigan in 1969. In 1999, the company decided to expand to Indiana and found a family willing to practically donate its land for the cause.

This campgrounds are the most beautiful I’ve seen. The organization is the most outstanding, and the staff the most committed.

The deeply wooded grounds, which came partially developed, include several ponds and a large

lake. Housing includes large tepees for the younger campers, wigwams and a frontier town.

Students are taken to their housing on antique fire trucks. Offerings for the campers, aside from the usual camp activities, includes a zipline across a pond, climbing walls and a skate park.

The camp director paid for materials and himself assembled covered misting stations throughout the camp. Camps are a huge undertaking, but this one is a well-oiled machine.

The registration process,

• including deposits for incidentals and health forms, all were completed online prior to arrival. Children also are allowed to select roommates.

As we waited to enter the camp, staff handed out frozen treats as we waited. There was a luggage drop-off and dozens of helpful volunteers to help with the logistics.

Visitors also were offered hot dogs, chips and drinks as they waited to tour the camp. While the kids are at camp, parents can check

up on their spending online, send emails and look at and buy pictures.

(The system didn’t work well the week my kids attended, but the camp director sent home a letter and DVD to make up for it). The staff was made up of highly enthusiastic, knowledgeable Christians.

My husband suggested that we send the kids home and stay ourselves. The children each said they most enjoyed the campfire rap sessions about God and sang Christian camp songs all the way home.

Lori says :

What is the interior of the teepees like at Springhill camps, mi

Maggie says :

Is SpringHill Indiana camp fun? I really want to go to a summer camp and this was one of my choices. I would go to InPursuit grades 6-9. I am in 8th at the moment. I really want to meet new friends and have an amazing exspirence. Is SpringHill Indiana camp the place for me PLEASE ANSWER.

sandy Atkinson says :

I had dear friends as well as our youth pastor was from Michigan and has returned to Michigan to continue their ministry. He spoke often of a camp his family had originally started and I think this may be it. Would like to confirm that because I am looking for something meaningful for my grandchildren. His name was Curt Motsinger and he had a sister named Katherine. She is now married and lives ???? it leaves me. One of the pictures on the website looks like Curt and Arli`s daughter Abby. Please let me know if the Motsinger family is the founders or at least connected in some way. Thank you very much. Sandy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38307180780231/k2311a073/7.3.07