06 Chevy Cobalt LS 2 Door  » Cars  »
2.5
  • I guess I should have paid more attention when I bought my Cobalt LS 2 door
  • I like the interior layout of the dash and center console
  • This design is really poor, in my opinion

• by Sheryl Jester

You have to give it to the Chevy for their clever ads that ran on TV for the Cobalt model. Remember the cars that played in town bouncing around a ball? Well, that sure was aimed at the younger generation. I guess I should have paid more attention when I bought my Cobalt LS 2 door.

The basic performance of the car is not bad at all, and I have been able to coax 30 MPG or better on the highway and high 20’s in town. The

medium grey color is very attractive, and the rear spoiler makes the package a sharp looking sporty car for sure.

I like the interior layout of the dash and center console. All controls are easily accessible, and adequately visible.

The car handles very well, is tight in turns and is peppy enough to get up and go when merging or passing. But, the interior is tiny! Our son, who is seventeen and six feet tall, cannot sit in the back seat without his head touching the ceiling.

...

• And speaking of the back seat, you have to be somewhat of a contortionist to even get in the back seat from the driver’s side. The passenger side front seat does roll forward to allow better access to the back seat from that side.

However, when you push the seat back, it goes all the way back and can actually impact the back seat passenger. This design is really poor, in my opinion.

Visibility from the driver’s position is also very restricted, with too many blind spots,

including the rear spoiler that seriously restricts your rear view. The cramped quarters in this car make it difficult to use for any kind of long distance travel.

I suppose a younger crowd would like the sporty look and performance, but be warned: You will have a hard time getting 4 full grown teenage boys into this car! I guess the Chevy Cobalt 2 door is really a two seater disguised as a four seater. Make sure you know what you are expecting use wise before you buy a Cobalt.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92806179760430/k2311a0628/6.28.07