Farberware Cutlery
  • This particular set was made of black plastic handles and the serrations were far deeper than my other set, so I thought it would compliment them nicely
  • They were quick to address the issue and requested that I return the set to their warehouse for a full replacement
  • Although shipping them back was a cost that I had to absorb, the company was attentive to my concerns and have replaced the knives
  • I would not hesitate to purchase any future cutlery through Farberware and am considering my experience with a bad batch of knives to be an isolated incident
  • As long as my original set continues to function as well as it has for the past18 years, I will gladly recommend this company and its products to anyone

• by Andi Bryant
      I have had a long standing love affair with Farberware, specifically their cutlery sets. In general, there is a wide variety of handle styles to choose from for optimal comfort; some wooden, some plastic. One is bound to have a perfect fit for any type of hand.

The knives are not overly heavy and are easy to control because of it, and the serrations seem to last without dulling. As for the cutlery scissors, well, they are so sharp that my set has become utility scissors, cutting anything from rope to rubber and even twigs.

I had received my first ever set

of wooden handled Farberware knives nearly 18 years ago, and each and every knife is as good today as the day I had received them. The handles have not swelled from washing, and there is no tarnish anywhere to speak of.

Barring a little fading of the wood itself, it would be difficult to know the set was so old. This past December, I had received an additional set of Farberware knives, and 18-piece cutlery set.

This particular set was made of black plastic handles and the serrations were far deeper than my other set, so I thought it would compliment ...

• them nicely. After a scant few months of perfect cutting, one of the steak knives broke at the handle where the stainless steel blade meets the plastic while bearing down on the knife.

There was no injury in the knife’s collapse, so I simply raised a quizzical eyebrow to the event and tossed the knife. Since then, within a three month span, three of the steak knives in total have collapsed under the same conditions, prompting me to realize this was no longer coincidence.

I wrote to Farberware and informed them of my dilemma. Farberware was sympathetic and announced that I

had received a damaged set of cutlery knives.

They were quick to address the issue and requested that I return the set to their warehouse for a full replacement. Although shipping them back was a cost that I had to absorb, the company was attentive to my concerns and have replaced the knives.

I would not hesitate to purchase any future cutlery through Farberware and am considering my experience with a bad batch of knives to be an isolated incident. As long as my original set continues to function as well as it has for the past18 years, I will gladly recommend this company and its products to anyone.

Pauline says :

How do I get the cutlery to release from the block for the first time use?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532706178960230/k2311a0627/6.27.07