Jack LaLaine Power Juicer
  • I like doing strawberries and putting them in an angel food cake
  • The vegetables are so fine that it makes the soup thick without adding cornstarch or flour, which I don't like to do
  • I have a problem with it fitting under my cupboards, but they are a little low
  • It weighs a ton and that and the cupboard issues are about the only things I don't like

• by arabgirl28

This is the coolest machine, especially, if you like combining different foods. It is way easier to make your own juice and not have the preservatives in it. The tastes that come from this machine are completely different from bottled juices you get from the grocery stores. I like making my own version of V8.

A little creativity goes a long way when it comes to making juice and it is so easy. One of my favorite things to make in the juicer is guacamole. There are never any chunks in it when I use the power juicer.

Another thing I use it for is making a fruit ‘mush’ to put in a cake to make

it nice and moist and gives it extra flavor. I like doing strawberries and putting them in an angel food cake. It gives it such a rich, sweet flavor.

Even making strawberry margaritas or daiquiris - this is the only way to go. Milk shakes with fruit are wonderful too and then it is so easy to get it to be mixed in. Nothing from your produce ever goes to waste - so using it is a very efficient way of using fruit and veggies.

I also juice my fruit in the juicer when starting my wine must. Then it is just ‘juice’ and you don’t have to worry squishing out the juice to get the ...

• flavor for the wine. Another thing that it works for is making creamed vegetable soups without the cream.

The vegetables are so fine that it makes the soup thick without adding cornstarch or flour, which I don’t like to do. I have also used it for making baby food. My last baby liked that more than the jarred baby food you buy at the store, especially the fruit.

The only thing I can think of is that it has more flavor or a better flavor. The instructions with the machine say that you can use whole fruit, but I cut them up. That way if something is woody it doesn’t go into the juice and if something

is bad it doesn’t go into the juice either.

If you are juicing away, then watch out the spout sometimes can’t handle it all and makes a mess. Working parts are stainless - so nothing is affected by acid or whatever and the machine is virtually indestructible. My juicer likes to make a noise when it is done juicing and I don’t know whether this is normal or there is something wrong.

I have a problem with it fitting under my cupboards, but they are a little low. So I have to move it around so I can use it. It weighs a ton and that and the cupboard issues are about the only things I don’t like.

Judy says :

I would like to purchase a cover for the power juicer-preferably cloth that is washable. Do you know if one is available that would fit ? I have checked on line and did not find anything large enough that would completely cover the juicer. It would be very helpful to have one so that dust does not collect on it when it is not in use. Thanks.

Galega says :

You should keep checking at online estores for availability of such a cover. Jack LaLaine doesn’t produce a cloth cover for its juicer, hence it can’t do anything. You can also consider getting cover stitched by a local tailor.

arabgirl28 replies :

We have the thing in the panty right now and my Ma sews so everything is covered with her sewing projects. Sorry, I couldn`t help you, but I don`t know.

Robin Bailey says :

I want to know if this machine can extract pomagranite juice - for making jelly - leaving the pulp behind?

Galega says :

Yes, this juicer is perfect for making pomegranate juice. You don’t need to worry about pulp, as that will be thrown out from the rear side of the juicer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162706178730230/k2311a0627/6.27.07