Bank of America
0.5
  • Much to my surprise when I got my next statement from Bank of America, they had charged me a really high interest rate

• by Sheryl Jester
      I was online at Bank of America checking on my credit card account. While there I noticed, well it was hard to miss as in was in big letters, that I was being offered a special interest rate if I transfered balances from other credit cards. This rate was very good and less then the interest I was paying on another card.

So, I followed the directions and transferred my balance from a higher interest card to my Bank of America credit card.

I followed the directions, made sure there was enough money to pay the transfer fees on the account and made the transfer.

Much to my surprise when I got my next statement from Bank of America, they had charged me a really high interest rate. Much more then I had on any of my other cards.

Thinking they had made a mistake, I called them and told them that I had used the online special for transferring balances. They were so rude.

...

• I was told that the online specials listed on their site aren’t always up to date with the interest rate currently available. How can they do this? The refused to give me the rate that was advertised on their banking website.

So, I was stuck having to pay the transfer fee, plus a month of their very high interest, while I transfered the money back to the original credit card, having to pay yet another transfer fee. I was very dissapointed that they can

put offers on their web site and not honor them.

I am in the process of getting rid of all Bank of America business I do with then. Not, that it is a lot and they won’t even notice.

But, I’m not doing business with a place who does false advertising and then refuses to do anything about it. This was a very time consuming and costly way of learning for me.

And, I will not be doing anymore business with them.

Bank of America

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422506177150830/k2311a0625/6.25.07