Firefox 2.0  » Software  »
    • Item: Firefox 2.0 Location: www.getfirefox.com by William Peele

I have to say, I’ve never been a big fan of Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. Back in the day I used to use its major competitor, Netscape. Nowadays Netscape’s gone pretty much by the wayside and I find myself using a much better browser than Netscape could ever hope to be: Firefox 2.0

Firefox is famed for its adaptability, what with the seemingly endless list of extensions

you can add on. I don’t use too many of them, my main friend in that respect is adBlock, which is a very useful little tool. But Firefox still has a number of handy little features. For example, instead of opening new windows in, well, new windows, it opens them in a new tab within your current window, which makes everything a whole lot easier.

It is also very easy to tweak ...

• a lot of the program’s performance. One example that comes to mind is cookies. Their cookie system is very easy, I have mine set up to block all cookies except those from sites that I want to have cookies, which means the only people putting their cookies onto my computer are people I let do it. I’m sure you can do the same in IE 7, but for the life of
        me I have no idea how to do it. Firefox is so easy to use there is no learning curve at all to do this sort of stuff.

The browser is also very fast, faster than IE 7 in my experience. I even tried the new Safari now that they’ve developed it for Windows and the fact of the matter is it just doesn’t compare to Firefox. Firefox 2.o is still the best browser out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302106176140530/k2311a0621/6.21.07