Merriam Webster Electronic Dictionary & Thesaurus
  • I think she bought it for like $50 last year
  • What I like about it, is that when you misspell a word it can predict what you are looking for

• by Honey
      When my mom went to the States, I ask her to buy me an electronic dictionary because books were too bulky to carry around. She had a fairly easy time finding the Merriam Webster Electronic Dictionary & Thesaurus because it was a really popular item. I think she bought it for like $50 last year.

It’s a really great gadget, especially for students as well as writers. I’ve been

using it a lot since I started taking my MBA classes and it’s been a great help.

It has 300,000 words and definitions. Something like 500,000 synonyms and antonyms.

And best of all, it has 9 games. My favorite is anagram and hangman.

When I get bored, I just pop it open and play. My nieces and nephews love playing with it, too.

It does use those circular batteries,

• I don’t know what they’re called, but they look like bigger versions of batteries for watches. Since I got the electronic dictionary, I’ve only had the batteries changed once.

It’s about 5 inches long as about an inch or so thick, and fits inside my laptop bag easily. It does look like a mini laptop, and many people have mistaken it for a mini pc phone.

What I like

about it, is that when you misspell a word it can predict what you are looking for. It also suggests words that you can use.

The synonyms and antonyms are very helpful as it’s probably the most used feature in my electronic dictionary. It does have a 4 language translator but I don’t ever use it.

This is a must have for any student, teacher or just for home use. Highly recommended!

R.Wurdock says :

Does this include chess games?

dean carter says :

It’s a device to look up definitions of word not to play games, but you can check the website to see if i’m wrong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162006175630430/k2311a0620/6.20.07