UTG M324 Airsoft gun
  • There are barrel upgrade available for the M324 as well to help with accuracy troubles, however upgrading the spring is immpossible
  • The gun's design is solid and will hold up to most of the rigors of the airsoft battlefield, but recently the bolt of my gun has started acting up and won't load properly all the time

• by Jason W.
      When I got my UTG M234 I was pretty excited. The UTG M324 is a spring powered airsoft gun (meaning you have to cock it between every shot. ) It is modeled after the army M24 sniper rifle in use by army snipers today.

It comes in desert camo or olive drab (depending on where you’re playing at) and come with a bipod,

shooting glasses, a carry strap and some 6mm BBs. It is on the heavier side, about 6 pounds, which gives the gun an authentic feel.

The gun has a bolt-action loading mechanism which gives the gun a good “sniper feel” and both loading and shooting are very quiet, which is very helpful while playing airsoft. There we’re many times where I could sneak up on the other team and score hits before they knew where I was.

The gun comes dissassembled and the barrel and stock have to be put together, Which is very easy to do (if you can tighten a screw, you can put this gun together). The gun has good firing range and power, but accuracy tends to suffer on longer-ranged ...

• UTG M324 Airsoft gun
      shots.

There are barrel upgrade available for the M324 as well to help with accuracy troubles, however upgrading the spring is immpossible. The gun’s design is solid and will hold up to most of the rigors of the airsoft battlefield, but recently the bolt of my gun has started acting up and won’t load properly all the time.

I bought mine for

about $96 on hobbytron. com, but one may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

Overall I give it a 6. While the gun has good feel, power and range, accuracy is bad for longer shots (which is what this gun is for) and the cocking mechanism isn’t always reliable.

It’s OK for those just wanting to get started in the sport fo airsoft. reasonably cheap and easy to use.

William T says :

Hey, great review, I think it would be helpful to revise it and warn not to use the bb`s that come with it since they are generally bad quality, and this link could be used to remedy the accuracy issues ?topic 13771.0

Curt D. says :

I bought this gun and ive seen what it can do in videos but i fire mine with .25 gram BB`s and after about 30ft the BB flies straight up with the hop up set all the way down. I`ve heard of hop-up issues, but what exactly do i need to do?

John Graboski says :

Hi Jason, My son bought a new UTG M324S and we`ve had problems right out of the box, with a scope mounted the gun shoots inherently high, and can`t be zeroed from distances under 100 feet. We are also trying different weight shot, today a batch of 40 gram shots exit the barrel, travel around 50 ft. then climb out of sight, with no hop up. Short of returning the gun are you aware of any issues associated with these problems? Thanks, John.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121906175480530/k2311a0619/6.19.07