Timex Ironman Digital Display Watch
  • I've had this Timex Ironman watch for over a year and a half now, and finally have decided to write a review about it, seeing how the problem with most watches is that over this amount of time, they start to fall apart, get scratched, stop functioning, etc. This watch has worked well for the entire year and a half that I've owned it, no problems at all, have never even had to change the battery, which can be a royal pain if you try and do it yourself
  • FEATURES The device has many very convenient features
  • I would recommend this watch to anyone interested in wearing a watch during active-play, or just having all of these features handy

• by godsmacked460
      I’ve had this Timex Ironman watch for over a year and a half now, and finally have decided to write a review about it, seeing how the problem with most watches is that over this amount of time, they start to fall apart, get scratched, stop functioning, etc. This watch has worked well for the entire year and a half that I’ve owned it, no problems at all, have never even had to change the battery, which can be a royal pain if you try and do it yourself. APPEARANCE The watch really isn’t the most “classy” looking, I usually swap it with my nicer-looking Casio watch on the way out the door, but it’s not really a watch

based around appearance, it’s more for the features it has, and even morely for active wear.

DURABILITY The watch is VERY durable, it’s made out of a plastic/rubber type of material, so it can take any kind of a drop or bang, because the materia it’s made out of is very hard to scratch, or especially break. The watch is also water Proof up to 100 Meters in depth… Which is quite impressive, because I swim with this watch, and take showers with it still on all the time, and nothing ever happens to it, it just keeps on working, without any real damage!

SIZE The band is made to fit everyone, and since I’ve had it so long,

• through my teenage years, it’s been able to fit me the entire time, unlike some watches which only fit one size.

This watch can adjust to just about any wrist size! That’s a great feature, just because it means that this watch’ll fit you through “thick and thin”. FEATURES The device has many very convenient features.

For one, the display shows time, date, and day of the week just on the main display. When you hit the MODE button, the first option is “chrono” which is a stopwatch, it also has a lap timer.

Next is “timer” which will beep after so much time. Then Next is “Occasn”, which is short for “occasion”.

This is like a mini-calendar built

into the watch, and you can set different types of occassions on certain times and dates, to remind you of these important events. Some of these pre-programmed events are: birthdays, parties, anniversaries, etc.

You can also just use the “other” option. The watch also has a very cool, red indiglo light built in, for seeing during the dark.

OVERALL SATISFACTION Besides the fact that the watch really isn’t built for class and style, the watch is very cool. It’s got an awesome amount of convenient features, is very durable, and will always fit me without having to change the band.

I would recommend this watch to anyone interested in wearing a watch during active-play, or just having all of these features handy… probably not for the dress-up classy person.

Christopher Mellons says :

I just dug out my Ironman Triathlon Timex watch from the 1990s. It still works, but I don`t know how to set it I just put a new battery in it . I hit every button, but the only thing that happens is I hit the set button on the right-hand side and the seconds on the screen start flashing. I have messed with it for two days now and just can`t remember how to set the time, much less the date. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Marg says :

I don’t knnow which particular model you have because you didn’t note it. But if you go here and choose your model, it gives you the manual which would tell you how to set it:

Dick Murphy says :

Hold the Set button till the seconds start blinking. The Mode button yellow on my watch changes the location of the item to be set. The Lap button moves the item to be set.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 641806174970830/k2311a0618/6.18.07