Santee Lake RV Camp Resort  » Travel  »
    • Item: Santee Lakes RV Camp Resort Location: San Diego, CA by RV

When I saw this place the first time I really liked it.

It combines the true nature and the city. All of the San Diego amenities are near you. In the same time you can enjoy the freshness of the lakes, fishing, kayaking, birds watching (175 species of waterfowl and birds), etc.

I knew that the park was overbooked, but I didn’t hurry. I booked one of the best space direct on the lake shore several weeks ahead. It was more expensive than others, but I need to see

the lake waves out of my windows. I just like the waves.

I was really surprised how the huge the space was. I have a class A coach more than 30′, but two more the same coaches could easily be parked in the same space.

Great. I parked the coach so my windows would be infront of the lake. Hook-uped everything and started to enjoy … Suddenly somebody knocked at my door. The park ranger was there.

“You can’t park like this”, - he said.

“What’s the problem ? I didn’t disturb somebody and I didn’t take my neighbours spaces.” ...

• “Well, If I’ll be on your place I’ll do the same, but unfortunately if you’ll park like this everybody will park like they want, not like the park authorities need”.

“So, what’s the problem if the people will park as they will be more comfortable ? And where is my lake view if I will park as you want me to park ?” “I understand you, but the managers will ask you to repark anyway, just because you need to be back-uped to the lake” “But I will not see the lake, because in the back of the RV is

the bedroom.” “Sorry man …………………….”

Well, I back-uped. Now I’m looking on the dusty road. Where is my lake view I paid for ? Just behind my back. Do I need it there ? Is it what I extrapay for ? NO.

This park is really great and probably one of the best I’ve ever seen from Florida to California. But you don’t need to overpay for the spaces on the shore. Even if you’re fishing man - everybody can take the place near your to fish, no privacy, no lake view, just extra money. Make a reservation inside the camp - less money, the same quality.

10 overall, but -4 for managment stupidity.

Joe Mariani says :

Can you accomidate up to 10 RV`s at your new campground section the week-end of 2-19 to 2-22-2010?

Marg says :

Joe, FYI you can check official availability and make reservations here:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381806174850230/k2311a0618/6.18.07