Surf’s Up  » Movies  »
  • I brought my little cousin less than 4 years old to watch Surf Up the other night, and she really enjoyed the penguin sightings

• by missy
      I brought my little cousin less than 4 years old to watch Surf Up the other night, and she really enjoyed the penguin sightings. She really thought that penguins could sing, talk and dance, and she wanted to go to the zoo to talk to the penguins. How sweet, but how I wish I could make her wish be true.

This is the effect you get for watching too much Hollywood animated cartoons. I do not know how to break her little

heart by saying that there’s no such fantasy in this real corrupted world, and I just do not know how to face myself in front of her when she finally truly realizes that penguins can’t speak.

I mean, she’s all fine and dandy to know that dogs, cats and tigers don’t speak, maybe those animals don’t interest her, but for a penguin to not speak, that’s a whole deal. She has all these penguin dolls at home just by watching this movie.

...

• Alright, I admit, I spoil her rotten, but she’s my only baby. I treat her not like a cousin, but like my own sibling or daughter.

Surf’s Up is about a penguin wanting to join a surf competition, and hopes to be a pro surfer. He takes his lessons from all big time hero, Big Z, to learn how to surf well.

Cody, the would be surfer character, is really cute, and his friends like the good natured Chicken Joe, is funny

and hilarious to watch for as well. I am not bored even after watching too much penguins in Madagascar, Happy Feet and now this.

Cody, in the later part of the movie, then learnt that having fun is more greater than winning. He learns some good trades of the surf, have fun, and make lots of good friends.

A good message for growing up kids to watch. There’s just too much violence stories already.

Here is a change.

Surf's Up

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111706174810830/k2311a0617/6.17.07