Kyowa Juicer
  • I noticed that the pulp is still wet, meaning that there are still juices that could have been squeezed out
  • The dripper is also a problem because it's not slanted
  • I know that most of the nutrients can be found on the skin of fruits

• by Honey
      This was a gift from my friend for my birthday. I wanted to go on a juice diet to lose some weight, and I read somewhere that juice fasting is one of the most effective ways of losing weight and detoxifying the body. I didn’t really want to complain about it with him, especially since it was a gift. But it doesn’t work really well.

The juice that comes out of one apple is really less than when I use my mom’s juicer. Maybe because it’s a cheap brand. I noticed that the pulp is

still wet, meaning that there are still juices that could have been squeezed out.

For 1 apple, I only make less than - of a cup. With my mom’s more expensive juicer, I make half a cup. That’s a really big difference considering the amount of fruits I will need to make 1 cup.

And fruits don’t come cheap here in the Philippines. And then there’s the loud sound. It drives me crazy, because it’s really noisy.

My cousin has complained too, she said that it sounds like something’s breaking down the house. And then ...

• there’s the cleaning part, which I hate to do because it’s really hard to take out all the fibers from the strainer. I need to use a brush to clean it, and it takes a lot of time and effort.

The dripper is also a problem because it’s not slanted. So some of the juice doesn’t come out except when you tilt the whole thing. And when I leave it, some of the juice drips making my kitchen top messy and sticky.

The fruit chute or where you put it in the fruits that you

want juiced is pretty small. I would need to cut the fruits in small pieces in order for them to fit. And then there’s the matter of peeling the fruits.

I know that most of the nutrients can be found on the skin of fruits. It’s such a waste of time, effort, money and vitamins if I have to peel the fruit. This isn’t really a good juicer at all.

Even if it’s a cheap contraption, it doesn’t really help you save money since you will be needing plenty of fruits to make 1 cup.

Boy Lozano says :

re : I noticed that the pulp is still wet, meaning that there are still juices that could have been squeezed out
    Yes… i agree

F says :

Yes, I agree. I have the kyowa kw-4207 though but the same thing happened. The pulp is still wet. Considering that fruits are very expensive, juices from the pulp must be maximally extracted. This product costs less than the other brands in the market but it would cost you more eventually because of its inefficiency.

judy ann says :

how to remove the middle ring and the juicing net …it has screw on it? reply asap

Galega says :

The screw you are seeing is the clue. You have to unscrew it and the middle ring will be opened. Do it once, you will start feeling at home. Kyowa Juicer is quite user friendly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161306174060430/k2311a0613/6.13.07