Healthy Dog Biscuits  » Pets  »
  • Opening the package even set my mouth to watering, though I left all taste testing to the guy with the happy dog face

• by JTech
      Due to extreme allergies, my two year old Labrador Retriever has been raised on a mostly healthy diet consisting of top-of-line organic food, fresh vegetables, small bits of cheese and liver, and an every once in awhile treat. Sure, there’s an occasional slip, but it seems he’s not only adjusted to this diet, but now turns his nose up at the normal dog fancies like rawhide and bones.

While out doing my weekly kibble run this week, I ran into a new product that looked impressive and

decided to give it a go-or at least see what my finicky eater thought.

Old Mother Hubbard is not a newcomer to the dog treat table; they’ve been making all-natural dog mini biscuits for longer than I’ve had a four legged friend.

They did just serve up a new flavor though and it comes in a holiday themed bag.

Old Mother Hubbard Bac’N'Cheez Natural, Basted Dog Biscuits is the name and according to the tail wagging going on in my house these days, they’re a ...

• great buy!

Ingredients in this small sized dog biscuit include oatmeal, real Vermont cheddar cheese, eggs, apples, carrots, garlic and wheat flour.

Opening the package even set my mouth to watering, though I left all taste testing to the guy with the happy dog face.

He seems to think these treats are top of the line, which is good enough for me.

At $3 a pop for a .

5 oz bag, these treats are much more expensive than your average dog biscuit.

Then again, real

fruit fruit and vegetables tend to always be pricier than junk food and the gains are often felt in the long run.

I had no issues with paying a little more if it meant my guy was eating better and enjoying it too!

The one thing missing from this purchase is a calorie count.

The packaging lists fat and fiber content, but fails to let us know just how many pounds we’re packing on Fido with each morsel.

For that, I dropped this stellar product down just one point.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29221117400630/k2311a1122/11.22.05