Jack Russell Terriers  » Pets  »
  • If you have very small children I would recommend thinking about a calmer breed of dog, but otherwise they are perfect pets for kids
  • I will warn you about one small problem I have found

• by Lillith Winters
      Are you ready for a thrill a minute? Do you yearn for excitement in the smallest things? Then you will love a Jack Russell. These powerhouse pups are absolutely the most active dog I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. They go from 0 to 100 in less than a second sometimes and there is never a dull moment with them.

The love to bounce, pounce and play. The funny thing is they sleep as hard as they play.

If you

have very small children I would recommend thinking about a calmer breed of dog, but otherwise they are perfect pets for kids. You have to remember to keep their claws cut though as they grow quickly and can do much damage to tender skin when the adrenaline kicks in with a Jack.

It always makes me smile to watch them run like crazy all over the house at a breakneck pace from some unseen monster. They are the absolute best at learning to be ...

• house trained.

It took about 3 weeks and a bit of patience and the worst was over. I recommend taking them out since they need to burn off the energy anyway, but the pee pee pads do work extremely well with them.

Now, be sure to buy LOTS of toys and a big throw pillow and you will watch your new Jack make themselves at home in no time. I will warn you about one small problem I have found….

shedding. It is

terrible at times and the white shows up everywhere.

I bathe mine every other week and in the summer more often if the critters attack and I have to treat for fleas. But be warned…if you have dark furniture you will have to deal with lots of pet hair.

We keep the sticky rollers all over the place for couches and clothes and cars. It’s a small thing to us when we get so much joy and love out this frisky and extremely smart dog.

Jack Russell Terriers

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29706170620530/k2311a067/6.7.07