Sudoku Easy by Will Shortz  » Books  »
  • As well, I like the fact that it is a colelction of relatively easy puzzles
  • Overall, I recommend this book for anyone who likes any type of paper puzzles and wishes to sharpen her or his logical thinking skills

• by Talia Krechuk

Sudoku Easy, as its name suggets, is a collection of easy Sudoku puzzles. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game, Sodoku is a number game that does not require you to perform any mathematical functions.

Rather, it is a greed that contains 9 blocks;each block is subdivided into

9 blocks.

The basic rule is that each digit from 1 to 9 is only allowed to appear once in each large block,up and down, and left to right.

What I really like about this book is the fact that it is not just a collection of Sudoku puzzles; there is ...

• an explanation in the very beginning of the book of how to solve Sudoku puzzles.

As well, I like the fact that it is a colelction of relatively easy puzzles.

It is therefore perfect for those whose previous exposure to the game is limited or none.

However, the term “easy” is relative

because the puzzles become more and more difficult as you work through the book.

Therefore, it is very likely that you will find yourself working harder on some puzzles than on others.

Overall, I recommend this book for anyone who likes any type of paper puzzles and wishes to sharpen her or his logical thinking skills.

Rich Cox says :

I have completed 5 Sudoku books by Mr. Shortz. I believe that I have uncovered 3 or 4 puzzles that may not be completed as printed. The latest is 53 in Sudoku Easy, volume 1. Have any printing errors been discovered? Many thanks

Galega says :

I have also completed two Su Du Ko books by Shortz. To be honest, i am yet to solve all problems on my own. However, I have never seen anyone complaining about any printing errors on this book. I will try to solve 53 of volume 1 to give further updates.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17706170590530/k2311a067/6.7.07